Thursday, July 26, 2012

Flavor Codes





One of my favorite all time graphic designs has got to be the Old Dutch chip bag and box packaging trim you see here. Just the trim - it's simple, bold and effective, and very festive. Old Dutch chips were the potato chip brand in my youth and today they still carry on with the best potato chip on the market. There are only three ingredients in their regular potato chip: potatoes, oil, salt. And this is the bag we are seeing here on this wall on Pacific Avenue here in Winnipeg. I don't know how long or who painted this graphic but I only noticed it this past winter. I went back last week for another photo but there has been some new activity on the wall.




Can you guess what Old Dutch product this top blue 'code" is from? How about the many other potato chip flavors Old Dutch offers. Here are BBQ, Onion & Garlic, Sour Crean & Onion and All Dressed.